Day 16

Joe went over everyone’s presentation outlines today (except Jocelyn and Hannah’s, which we'll see tomorrow).

I started off the day trying to solve the problem I had Friday. I printed out all the tensor sizes and figured out where the error was occurring and why (the encoder and decoder aren’t symmetrical). It has something to do with the U-Net structure and the skip connections, but I’m still not sure of the cause so I've been experimenting with different parts of the code to see if I can get them to line up. I also made my generator code more uniform and used the same kernel-size, stride, and padding throughout, which should help as well.

Besides that, I worked more on the training and testing code. I'm currently running the training code on a similar model to see if it works, and so far it seems fine, although it makes the computer screen freeze every minute. I moved over to the computer next to it but the GPU is too old for Pytorch, so I decided to write this blog post and work on my presentation. I hope the training finishes soon so I can get some feedback and work on the other parts of the code, but I can always work more on my model tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 30 (Last Day!!)

Problem Statement

Day 28