Day 20

I realized this morning that the problem might not just be with the lack of memory (foreshadowing...) so I spent the morning cutting down the amount of memory my model was using by simplifying the network layers and making the crop, batch size, etc. smaller. But as I found out later, I think the issue is with my training code rather than the model.

At 1 pm I went to a master’s thesis defense by one of the students in the visual perception lab. Her presentation was very interesting and also engaged the audience.

Later in the afternoon the system administrator finished installing the GPU, but when I tried to run my program it still used up too much memory, which was surprising and a little concerning. The memory usage is supposed to plateau after a certain point, but mine just keeps accumulating until it reaches the maximum. I'm looking into different reasons as to why that's happening, and I've gotten the accumulation to slow (but not stop yet). I was hoping to train over the weekend, but I'll have to either look into it on my own time or start again Monday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 30 (Last Day!!)

Problem Statement

Day 28