Day 1

Hello!

It was an exhausting but exciting first day. After a short meeting in the Freshman Imaging Lab (and after getting our RIT IDs, computer accounts, and parking permits), the six other interns and I were set loose on a campus scavenger hunt.

We split up tasks; Jocelyn and I walked around campus, asking passersby and the Campus Center especially if they recognized any of the objects we needed. We found some major landmarks, but also a lot of smaller ones (e.g. a smiley face on a lamppost).

After meeting back at the Center for Imaging Science, all of us attempted to locate the mannequin (worth a lot of points), which we knew was somewhere in the building. We asked every person we could find, but everyone either told us where they thought the mannequin might be, shook their head and wished us luck, or gave us a concerned “No...?” But we still ended up with a fairly successful video, even if the mannequin wasn't included.

After the video was judged, we split up again to meet with each of our labs (I’m in Machine Vision). Today I got a paper to read on “Generative Adversarial Nets." I'm looking forward to learning more.

Overall, it was a good first day- I got to know the other interns, I got to know the campus a little better, and I no longer feel as hesitant to talk to the adults in the building (I suppose knocking on enough people’s doors asking if they’ve seen a particular mannequin can do that to you).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 30 (Last Day!!)

Problem Statement

Day 28