Day 3

Today I got to talk more with my advisers about their research. From my understanding, they're using image-to-image translation to turn thermal, nighttime, etc. photographs into regular RGB ones that they can use to perform depth and camera pose estimation, which can then be used to create 3D scene reconstructions. All of this is mainly for autonomous driving, but it can be used in other applications as well.

I also went to a seminar during lunch on food production- it really made me think about the popcorn I was eating. A couple other interns went with me, and some undergraduate students from a research program were there as well.

With the rest of the time, I continued reading articles online and writing my summary paper. By the end I had read/skimmed a total of ten articles. I thought I finished my paper by the end of the day, but then I found out that I needed more sources for my related works section. I guess that means more reading tomorrow...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 30 (Last Day!!)

Problem Statement

Day 28