Day 4

Today we watched a video during our morning meeting about one of Joe’s imaging science classes and their project for ImagineRIT. It was really interesting to see the behind-the-scenes and teamwork, especially since I went to ImagineRIT for the first time this year.

My advisors were gone for most of the day at a conference with another professor, so I worked by myself. I started writing my problem statement, although I’m not entirely sure what my project is yet.

I also finished my paper today and turned it in, which is good news. I ended up with 19 citations. Once I was done with that, I switched to reading informational articles. The first one was on image classification and nearest neighbor classifiers. The second was on linear classification and loss functions, and focused mainly on SVM and Softmax classifiers (and also hinge loss and cross-entropy loss, respectively). The last one I read was on optimization and gradient descent. There are three more, and then I’ll have a solid foundation in the concepts.

I might be getting some models to look at or a coding problem either tomorrow or next week. The coding exercise is on image classification and involves real world data, so that should be exciting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 30 (Last Day!!)

Problem Statement

Day 28