Day 6

I had my road test this morning (I passed!) which meant I missed the 8:45 a.m. meeting, but I’ll be going over my problem statement tomorrow instead. For the remainder of the morning I read a research paper my advisors wrote on using unsupervised learning techniques for simultaneous depth and camera pose estimation. I also got feedback on the summary paper I wrote last week, so I made some corrections to that.

I spent the rest of the day working on the leaf classification program from Friday. It’s different from anything I’ve ever coded before and I still have a long way to go but I think I made a lot of progress today. It’s difficult to tell exactly how much, which can be a little frustrating, but after a lot of Googling and experimentation I at least have a general idea of how to do it. I wrote a “rough draft” (not sure what to call it) and right now I'm in the process of fixing/refining it. I got the network done today- I used a pre-trained VGG-19, but I had to remove the last line and add my own classifier to the end. Then I started working on the “training” part; hopefully this program doesn't take me too long although I've been finding it interesting so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 30 (Last Day!!)

Problem Statement

Day 28