Day 23

When I came in today, two of the models (the second and third one from yesterday) were still training, but the first one had stopped after the 20th epoch due to a “CUDA error: invalid device ordinal.” So I spent the morning working on my presentation and figuring out ways to change the code.

The models didn’t finish until 3:30 pm, and it turns out that 50 epochs is not the way to go. Especially for the paired dataset one… not good. I tested the one that got stopped at 20 epochs and the outputs were decent (the color of the sky is closer), so I’m running that one with the unpaired dataset again for 20 epochs and also for 10 epochs. I’m also running it using the paired dataset for 20 epochs (not enough memory to do the 10 epoch one but that should be fast tomorrow). I’m not sure what the issue is with the paired image results, because they should be better than the unpaired, but it seems that the discriminator outperforms the generators early on, or there could be overfitting occurring.

I’m going to continue playing around with the models I have, and then possibly retrain the original model for a fewer number of epochs.
Here's a thermal to RGB from the one that got stopped

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 30 (Last Day!!)

Problem Statement

Day 28