Day 25

The three models were done training by this morning, and I tested all of them- they were ok, but the paired dataset ones still have splotches on them. Some of the generator losses were actually increasing after a certain number of epochs (around 11-12) so I decided to train another one with the paired dataset for 12 epochs. I’m also retraining the best unpaired one I have so far and also the paired version for the original model because I still don’t have the RGB to thermal images. However I might end up having to retrain them because I might have messed up the saved files again. There are so many of them!

I also think that some of the issues might be due to overfitting so I added more dropouts to the model and starting running that too. I can train four right now because I managed to get one of them onto Grissom. Eventually I'm going to change more of the hyperparameters, and I'm also thinking of optimizing the generator more often. I can always run more at home and get the graphs from today on Monday.

At 12:04 pm the computer taskbar froze and so did the main screen, however all the applications are still working (I just can’t open new ones). It’s a little inconvenient but not a major issue. I ran some tests during training to see how they're doing- the unpaired ones are decent again, but the paired ones are getting worse? I'll keep checking in on them. I also worked on adding pictures to my presentation- it’s not entirely organized but I think I can make it work.

As for non-coding activities, I ate my lunch in about 5 minutes and then spent the rest of the time walking around campus. I went down the Quarter Mile toward housing- the incoming freshmen might be moving in right now because there were a lot of people there. I went by the nature trails and then Eastman Quad on the way back. In the afternoon I also visited the Remote Sensing Lab and watched Jocelyn and Hannah work on their wet sieving.

Ahh only one week left!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 30 (Last Day!!)

Day 27

Day 28